Saturday, August 14, 2010

If it ain't one thing, it's ten

OH Where do I begin?

It's been so hectic around here. You would think with two kids being gone, that things would be a bit easier here. But, that's not how it works in the Metcalf Household. We defy everything that is suppose to be right. And if given the chance we'll turn it in to a disaster, probably!

Let me get you caught up- S.B. decided to flush Cookie Monster down the toilet. Now, I don't know what this kid has against the members of Sesame Street. But, she definitely has it out for them.  If you ever meet her, try to not get on her bad side. I believe she can do some damage to you.  David came to me (when I had JUST settled in to listen to some tunes on the computer with my headphones) and said "You gotta get your camera and come and see this."  Now, to me, that could only mean two things: 1.) There was a really touching moment between the siblings or 2.) Something drastic had happened and I needed proof.  I was sure of the latter.
So, I get my camera and walk down the hall, only to find S.B.'s sleeper drenched in water. It was right in front of the bathroom. I look to the left (bathroom) and there was water ALL. IN. THE. FLOOR. I was afraid-really afraid of what waited on me. So, the toilet lid flew open, and there he was. Sitting in the toilet, just smiling at me. After about dying of laughter, I managed to get a few shots.

 Wednesday night when we came home from church, I realized that the garage light was left on.  When I opened the door to turn the light off, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was a snake. A baby snake, none the less. But a snake. Snakes do not bother me. You might find that odd. But, they don't. Now, they bother David...ALOT. So, I calmly say to him, "David, there is a snake out in the garage". He slowly went out there, and moved things around until he got him cornered. He also got a small Sterilite pencil box to put the snake in, along with two spatulas. He was armed and dangerous. Last we seen of the snake, he was under a tote. If you have ever seen my garage, you would be surprised if there WASN'T anything living in it. It seriously needs an overhaul. But, David moved everything around the tote, and stood there. "Jackie, you stand right there, incase he comes out that way, you can step on him".  My response, "WHAT?? STEP ON HIM? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have sandals on, you have shoes on. What if he bites me?" So, he moved the tote, and I seen his head, and David just kept standing there and kept moving the tote, so I said "Fine, I'll kill him, give me a spatula." He hands me the spatula, and I stab it right down on the snakes head and decapitate him. And pick it up and put it in the box. End of story. We did find out that it was a corn snake, and nothing venomous. So, we killed a snake that could kill the mice around here. But, then I thought that Simon does such a good job of killing and decapitating them, I wouldn't want him to feel neglected.

That was all within a weeks time. Or maybe less. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am TERRIFIED of snakes!! OMG, I don't know what I would do if we had one in our garage!! I def would not go outside until I knew it was well disposed of!! So, if I do find one, I am calling you!!!!! K, thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete