Sunday, August 8, 2010

Things I learned this Summer

Well, Summer is at an end. *sigh* I am so freakin' happy! WHOO HOO! My boys go back to school tomorrow, and they are so excited, and so am I! In order not to hurt my feelings, they have sworn themselves to secrecy about their true feelings about homeschooling. In other words, they hated it. But, I don't think they hated it as much as me. At  least for all of them.  I am still homeschooling M., and am actually excited about that!

So, on to the better stuff. Here are some things I learned this summer:

* BOYS HAVE STUN.
   What is stun you ask?  In an effort to keep boy conversation to a minimum, the boys have come up with code names for their, um, you know... and that happens to be stun for nuts. I am sure you all wanted to know that. But, hey, that's what happens when you live with boys. Ain't no shame in their game!

* THE MEMBERS OF SESAME STREET NEED TO TAKE SWIMMING LESSONS
   Sorry, 123 Sesame Street, but you guys definitely need to learn how to swim. Ernie almost drowned twice.  And Cookie Monster was revived after a few minutes in the toilet. Take some time to train your Monsters so they can swim. Geez.

*  MY OBSESSION WITH EDWARD IS UNHEALTHY
    David tells me all the time that I need help. I tell him that I am not obsessed with Rob Pattinson, but Edward. I couldn't care less about Rob Pattinson so much as that he is Edward. Edward magnets on the refrigerator. Edward shirt. Edward necklace. Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse. AGH! It's so bad that my boys ask me " Momma, do you love me or Edward more?"

*  BOYS LIKE TO BLOW UP THINGS
    Anyone with boys knows this is so true. This is probably only reason that I don't like Fourth of July. I mean, I like the 4th. But, I hate that every time I turn around, my kids are taking their action figures and blowing them up on the driveway. It looks like a toy factory gone bad. I still find body parts laying around the yard.

*  COUPONING IS ADDICTIVE
    Is that a word? If not, it should be. My new obsession is Publix.  I LOVE Publix. I am going to marry it someday. Not really, but David probably wouldn't mind that kind of bigamy. Right?  My goal every week is to see if I can save more than I can spend. So far, so good. I know that there is so much more to learn. But, it's exciting. I think my obsession with coupons is right under my obsession for Edward. At least my kids think so. It must be a problem, because I am in denial.

EDITED TO ADD: After doing a spell check- Couponing is NOT a word. Just in case you wondered!

*  MY KIDS ARE A+ EXTERMINATORS
    After I went to be one night, they managed to help Simon to wrangle a mouse down, and proceeded to finish him off. And was so polite as to clean up their mess by flushing it down the toilet.

*  WASHING DISPOSABLE DIAPERS IS A NO-NO!!!
     Enough said.

*  FAT BABIES ARE THE BEST!
    I love fat babies. They are so healthy looking. Em is a probably pushing about 22lbs now. She weighed 19 about  a month or so ago. So, I would guess as much as she eats, she is very close to being sumo wrestler. I see that in her future. At least before she turns one! :)

*  THAT THERE IS SUCH A THING AS SIBLING LOVE!
    I am sure S.B. will wake up in the morning and call them all day long. I think I will take the camera and see the expression on her face when we pick them up tomorrow. She's been with them every day for the past year. I think it'll be kinda hard for her.

I did learn alot this summer, but most of it I can't remember. So, this is what you get. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment