Friday, July 30, 2010

Freaky Friday

I realized tonight that Friday Nights are mostly made of freaks. All kinds of freaky, crazy people come out on the weekends.

Let me back up to say that David and I had a date night tonight. Yes, tonight someone came and watched ALL of our kids so we could go out on a date. 

Let me back up again- I left this morning around 10:30 to run some errands. I was on a mission to find some things for some photo shoots coming up. I called David and very politely asked him to PLEASE wash the clothes that were laying under the ironing board. ( Why were the clothes under the ironing board you ask? Well, because I have so many loads to do, I have to put them somewhere. I know you understand.)  He said, sure. But, we need some fabric softener. I then replied, OK, I have to stop by Publix (I heart Publix) and get some formula, I will get some fabric softener. (I endorse Snuggle Blue Sparkle, in case you're wondering)(is that enough parentheses?) Went by Publix, got said fabric softener and formula and returned only to find that the clothes were still under the ironing board. So, I asked him again to wash the clothes. I could have done it at this point, but I didn't. So, he washed them at 3pm, everything that I could wear tonight was still damp by the time we were suppose to leave at 4:30. So, I ended up wearing damp jeans. Yay! But, they smelled really good.

After we left, we were on our way to Outback Steak House. We waited. We ate. We left. Blah blah blah.
On our way to see Grown Ups. Has anyone seen that movie? It wasn't as funny as I thought it was going to be. I didn't find any plot to the story. And it was just kinda- stupid, I guess.

Then it was on to Ross's Dress for Less store, Target, and finally Kangaroo gas station. The most interesting of these was Kangaroo. You really forget what kind of freaky people lurk out in the night. Maybe one who is- well, I can't really describe her. The way she dressed (like a stripper), the way she acted (like her crap didn't stink) and the way she talked (like she was on drugs). After the encounter with the Stripper, because we were almost positive that is what she done for a living, David and I got back in the car and talked about how horrible we would be in the partying scene these days. And I got on soap box on what goes through a woman's mind to make her want to dress like that? Seriously, I don't understand. Women get so mad when men make remarks to them about how HOT they look when they are sitting there wearing nothing but enough fabric to cover a few things on their bodies. Look around, ladies. Think about what you are wearing. Chances are that if you dress like a hooker, then men are going to treat you like one. Don't wear stuff that degrades you as a woman. Be proud to dress modestly. Treat your body with a little respect, because you deserve it.

I'm done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment