Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation Day #1

Today was the first day of David's vacation. We have been looking forward to him being off since he went back to work after Em was born.  We slept late. Got up. Got everyone ready and headed to:

Destination #1- Ice Skating.

Ice Skating, you may ask? Yes, ice skating. It had been awhile (like 20+ years) since I had been on the ice. I say that like it was once a great pastime of mine. I think the last time I went ice skating was when I was 9, and I tried the triple lutz, and fell on my lutz. Since then, I decided that the Olympics weren't in my future, so I gave it up. No, wait, I went one more time back in '95, and barely could get off the wall. Still no one was calling me to come and skate, so I gave up. Today was different. I actually made it from one end to the other, without holding on to the wall. I didn't fall, either.  I am sure that the only reason that my phone has not rung, is because they don't have my cell phone number.

Destination #2- Funntasia Miniature Golf

After leaving the ice skating rink, we headed over to play some miniature golf.  I actually had a coupon in the mail to use that gave us 2 pizzas, 2 pictures of coke, and 5 rounds of 18 hole golf for only $30. I was so excited! When we arrived, David went in and ordered our pizza, and I got all the kids out, we went in and ate and blah blah blah...nothing interesting about eating.  We finally get out putters and our golf balls, and head out. I thought to myself,  "Self, this is a fenced in place. S.B. will do great. There really isn't anything that she can get INTO. Pretty much a place for her to run free, so we don't have to keep yelling at her to come back. That sounds great!" I patted myself on the back for thinking such a great thing. I think it was around the 8th or 9th hole that she found a big rain puddle, and got her sandals soaked. No problem, just wet sandals, right? The 14th hole, she found a mud puddle, and decided to sit down in that. She had mud all over her shorts, down her leg, and on her sandals. Still, I thought, this is vacation. I am going to be relaxed. She is just being a two year old.  Hole #16 is when I lost it. Not only did David come back and was beating me, (I was in first place), Em was fussing. So, I decided that Em had had enough, so I took her back to the deck on the building, and was changing her diaper. When I heard- I am going to stop there and ask for you to imagine with me- this place had a very nice deck over a miniature little lake. See where I am going with this?

When I heard, "Agh. S. fell in the water. S. fell in the water." Imagine the fear that came across me when I couldn't see her, or where she was, or if she had come up, or was face down, or anything. All I knew at the time was that I couldn't get to her because Em was laying on the table getting her diaper changed, David was across the bridge. I can't really tell you what happened, but my Knight in Shining Armor came to the rescue.  C. (our firstborn) jumped in and got her and pulled her out.  When he got there, she had already came up and was sitting on her knees, and coughing. I think she was in shock. She never cried. All she said was "Ernie". Yep, you guessed it. Ernie went down with her. So, guess who got in and got Little Ernie out?
The same Knight in Shining Armor. After it was all said and done, and she looked like a poor orphan child, she said "Ernie tay bath?"

After we went back inside, the man behind the counter gave S.B. a Ernie that had been there for awhile. I guess that Ernie was waiting for us. Thank you man behind the counter at Funntasia. All of that called for a drive by Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Thankfully, the HOT sign was up.  We got our dozen doughnuts and called it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment