Saturday, July 24, 2010

You Might Be a Redneck If...

So, today was a Redneck-y kind of day. Just about the only thing that wasn't rednecky was me going school shopping with L. this morning.  Even then, it was almost rednecky. Especially when we were in Old Navy and he was pushing the buggy right on my heels, and ran over the back of my foot. That's when I yelled "Ah! Get off my foot. Ugh! Quit getting right up on me." Did I say that I yelled that? Just making sure. Because I think everyone in the whole store heard me. If anyone knows me, they know that I can pretty much handle major pain: labor, birth, c-section, surgery-anything of that sort. But, if something accidently happens like today, or being hit in the nose by the swing (another story, another day), I don't tolerate that very well. To say the least, it ticks me off.
So, when I get home, David is cleaning out the garage. Our icky, icky, spider and bug infested garage.  But, when I arrive, I see S.B. running around in her diaper (that is hanging), hair not brushed (bird's nest in back). It was truly a moment to be proud of. The only thing missing was her holding a gun or cigarette or something.


When I go inside, I see this:


How many of you can say that your 5 month old and your cat are the same size? Actually Simon is bigger than Em.  Em weighs a mere 19lbs. compared to the 25lb. cat.  So, all of you who thought that I was kidding when I said my cat was bigger than my baby. Ha!  I wasn't lying.

Shortly after, I put my doo-rag on and joined in. Me and M. made our way to The General, and I wore it there. Later on to K-Mart, and I wore it there. On through to Mickey D's drive-thru. It was great! Looking back, I should have taken my teeth out, and just went all out. (No, I didn't take a picture of me with the Doo-Rag.)

That's how today went. A lovely, beautiful, HOT Alabama day!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are killing me!!
    Can't figure out how to follow you... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I fixed that now! I accidently deleted the "Follow Me" tab. :)

    ReplyDelete