Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's Getting Hot in Here

...so take off all your clothes. No, not really. I am sure that you don't want me to take off all my clothes. Of course, I felt like it plenty of times today. It's been burning up down here. It doesn't help that the humidity is 83% either.

Today was a long day.  I took M. to get her dance stuff today. She is a true girl, too. She tried on 6 different outfits, and picked out the first one she tried on. When we were checking out, the young lady behind the counter said "Ya'll look so much alike!" I said "Yes, that's what alot of people say. I am her older sister. "
Of course, M. says "Uh-uh! You're my momma." Then I think she said something about me being old and all. But, I tuned her out. After that remark, I seriously thought about making her put her outfit back. She didn't need it anyway.

She's taking Jazz this year. Any of you mothers that have let their daughters take dance lessons, knows what kinds of outfits they wear. I swear, if you look at all the outfits, it's like  looking in a hooker's closet. (Probably what that girls closet we seen in Kangaroo last night looks like, too.)  Luckily, we found an outfit that weren't quite Daisy Dukes, and covered her tummy. So, the mission was accomplished.  There was no way that M would have made it out of there with any of those outfits if her daddy had been with her. In all honesty, no one sees her wear this except the teacher and girls in her class. There are no boys (that I know of yet) in her class.

After I got home, I had to get ready to go and do a photo shoot. Can you say HOT? ALOT HOT! It was about 97 degrees, and miserable. After that, I really felt like I almost passed out. Had a headache ever since.
David cooked steaks tonight, and it was really good. I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband. He truly is the bomb. I hate that he's going back to work Monday. It's back to the grind for everyone. *sigh*

Nine days until school starts! I don't know who is more excited- me or the kids. :)

I am going to end it with a picture I took of the girls reading together. It's a sweet picture. S.B. wanted to sit in M.'s lap.


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment